Do you have a furry friend in your life that loves treats? This blog is just for them! We’ve shared before about the benefits of apples for humans, but you might be surprised to learn that apples can benefit dogs, too! Today we’re going to share about apples can benefit dogs, as well as apple dog treats you can purchase or make at home.
Benefits of Apples for Dogs
Apples provide dogs with essential nutrients like vitamins A and C. They are also an excellent source of fiber, which aids in regulating digestion. Just be careful not to feed your pooch too many apples; eating too many apples can lead to diarrhea. The American Kennel Club has a lot of great information on safely feeding apples to dogs. Just be sure to remove the apple seeds and core before feeding your pup; these can present a choking hazard.
Apple Dog Treats
Apples alone are a great snack for dogs, and apple dog treats take this snack to a new level. You can find a variety of apple dog treats already made, or you can make them yourself! Here are some options for purchasing apple dog treats.
- Wholesome Pet Pride Apple Dog Treats
- Hill’s Apple & Oatmeal Dog Treats
- Kindfull Dog Biscuits with Apples
How to Make Apple Dog Treats
Interested in making homemade apple dog treats? Look no further. Try this simple, 5-star recipe from allrecipes.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix carrots, oats, and apple together in a large bowl. Whisk peanut butter and eggs until thoroughly combined in a second bowl. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each treat with your hands until they are 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until treats are firm to the touch and begin to brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now when you whip up an apple pie or a fresh batch of applesauce, you can make your furry best friend a special treat too!