Looking for the perfect recipe to add to your summer rotation? This apple salad is the perfect addition to any meal, potluck, cookout, or any other summer gathering. It is sweet, crunchy, and full of our favorite ingredient—apples!
If you came here looking for a more “green” salad, sorry! When it comes to apple salads, we think apples should be the star of the show. Give this salad a try…you might be surprised by how much you love it! But if you’re really craving a green salad that incorporates apples, check out the recipes below.
Back to the apple salad. This recipe from Our Sutton Place only calls for five ingredients, most of which you likely have on hand. It calls for Honeycrisp apples, but experiment with different varieties and combinations to see what you like best. For example, if you want a tangier salad, use Granny Smith apples. You really can’t go wrong.
Honeycrisp Apple Salad Recipe
Recipe from Our Sutton Place
- 2 large apples (washed and diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- Place the chopped apples, celery, and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the light mayonnaise and sugar until smooth.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over apples/celery/walnuts and toss until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
You could easily turn this salad into the main dish by adding canned tuna or chopped chicken for a tuna or chicken salad.
We hope you love this recipe! Be sure to bookmark this recipe so you have it ready to share with all your friends who will no doubt ask for it.