Looking for a delicious, healthy snack that’s easy to make? Look no further. Apple chips are the perfect snack for everyone, and you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them. Not to mention, your home will smell amazing while you’re making them!
You only need two ingredients to make homemade apple chips: apples and cinnamon. We recommend using crisp apples, such as Pink Lady or Honeycrisp. Any kind of apple will work, but they may not get as crispy.
- Arrange oven racks to the upper and lower positions, and preheat your oven to 200°
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the apples by washing them, coring them, and slicing them into 1/8 inch-thick rounds. If you have a mandolin, use that to slice the apples. Tip: The thinner the apple slices, the crispier they will get. Keep the slices as consistent as possible so that they bake evenly.
- Transfer the apple slices to the baking sheets, arranging them in a single layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake the apples for 1 hour.
- Switch the upper and lower baking sheets, and continue baking for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Test if the chips are done by taking one out of the oven and letting it cool for 3 minutes. If you are satisfied with the crispness, turn the oven off and let the chips cool for 1 hour. If you would like them to be crispier, keep them in the oven and check them every 10 minutes until they are crisp enough.
- Store apple chips for up to 1 week in a sealed container at room temperature.
Recipe from wellplated.com.
Apple chips are a tasty snack for adults and kids alike. They’re great for road trips, picnics, and anytime you’re craving a crunchy treat.