We are always on the lookout for healthy, easy, and delicious meals to make during the week, but it can be hard to find recipes that check all of those boxes! When we stumbled upon this sheet pan dinner with rave reviews—and apples as a main ingredient—we knew we had to share it. Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it next time you are curating your weekly meal plan!
Are you looking to create an entire meal, from appetizer to dessert, that features apples as the star of the show? Check out this 3-course meal with apples!
Baked Sausages with Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
Recipe from Jo Cooks
- 2 large apples (Granny Smith is a great choice), cored and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 pork sausage links
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apple cubes, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, onion, sage and rosemary. Drizzle the honey and olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, then toss really well so that everything is evenly coated.
- Arrange the veggies and apples in a large shallow roasting pan. Arrange the sausages in and around the vegetables.
- Bake everything for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Enjoy!
Seriously, how easy is that? This is the perfect meal for busy weeknights, lazy weekends, or really any time. You can easily switch it up by using different vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, squash, or whatever you happen to have on hand.