With chilly weather upon us for the next few months, it is the perfect time to up your hot beverage game. It’s hard to beat a hot cup (or two) of coffee in the morning or a steaming cup of hot cocoa by the fireside at night, but we’ve got a new hot drink to add to your winter lineup…and we think you’re going to love it.
Enter the apple cider latte.
Are you intrigued? This drink features the best of both worlds, with both apple cider and coffee. It is the perfect choice for when you’re looking for a caffeinated drink but you’re craving apple cider. Don’t knock it till you try it!
Looking for something a little stronger than a latte? Check out these apple cider cocktails!
Apple Cider Latte
Recipe from Fitty Foodlicious.
Yields: 3 lattes
- 3 cups of strongly brewed coffee or 3 shots of espresso
- 2 cups of warmed apple juice
- 2 cups of frothy whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- Star anise
- Whipped cream for topping
Recipe suggestion from Robinette’s: replace the warmed apple juice this recipe calls for with homemade apple cider or fresh apple cider from our orchard! This will create a more cider-y latte with a richer flavor…and who doesn’t want that? (Don’t worry, apple juice will work just fine if that’s what you already have on hand. And if you’re wondering what the difference is between apple juice and apple cider, you can find out here!)
- Prepare coffee or espresso shots.
- Warm the apple juice on the stovetop.
- Add the honey and pumpkin spice to the apple juice.
- Warm and froth the milk using a milk frother.
- In your desired mug, add the coffee, warmed apple juice, and top with the frothed milk.
- Top with whipped cream, Star Anise, and nutmeg. Use as much whipped cream and nutmeg as you desire.
We hope you enjoy this unique twist on two classic hot beverages, and we hope it brings an extra dash of coziness to your chilly winter weather. After all, we need all the warmth we can get to keep from freezing during these Grand Rapids winters! If you find yourself craving a hot cup of fresh apple cider, our Apple Haus and bakery are open all winter long, and we would love to serve you. Stop by soon!