Home / The Orchards / About / Farm History

Farm History

The farm history of Robinette’s goes back over 100 years. This photo was taken in 1912, with the Robinette family and a load of fruit bound for the Grand Rapids market. Our family bought the farm in 1911 and moved here from Macedonia, Ohio.


Edward Robinette is seated, with his brother Allan, sister Anna, and mother Minnie Robinette standing by the wagon. The picture was taken in front of our barn where we now sell wine and gifts.

In response to consumer demand, the Robinette family opened the Apple Haus in 1973. The Apple Haus houses the bakery, lunch counter & eating area, cider mill, home-grown fresh fruits in season and a variety of other tasty treats and gift boxes. Robinette’s is a true family destination.